Re: [ft-devel] Come across Cross-compile error

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Come across Cross-compile error
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2017 08:35:34 +0200 (CEST)

> In file included from src/sfnt/sfnt.c:29:0:
> src/sfnt/ttload.c: In function 'tt_face_load_font_dir':
> src/sfnt/ttload.c:396:10:
>   warning: 'valid_entries' may be used uninitialized in this function
>   [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]

I've added an initialization to pacify the compiler.

> In file included from src/sfnt/sfnt.c:22:0:
> src/sfnt/pngshim.c: In function 'premultiply_data':
> src/sfnt/pngshim.c:54:3: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault
> Please submit a full bug report,
> See <http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.
>
> and I check the code and compiler that, __builtin_shuffle or
> __builtin_shufflevector was not define by the compiler.  what can I
> do for this problem?

I strongly suggest that you try a newer gcc version!  There are high
chances that the gcc bug got fixed (it shouldn't cause a segmentation
fault).  If you still experience a gcc crash, you should report the
issue to the gcc people.

Finally, if you get something working, please try to find out the
first gcc version that correctly supports __builtin_shuffle on the
MIPS; we can then adjust the conditional in the FreeType sources
accordingly.