Re: [ft-devel] LD version script

From: Alexei Podtelezhnikov
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] LD version script
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2018 08:48:33 -0500

>> I will work on -fvisibility=hidden support through AC_TRY_COMPILE.

Does any one know if/how libtool supports the -fvisibility option?
This would be appropriate given how it adds -fPIC -DPIC to shared
libraries. The same technique could do the magic for the visibility. I
failed to find anything in the docs. I am surprised because the option
has been around since 2005 and all major compilers support it by now.
It is possible to hack it into the libtool script, of course.