Re: [ft-devel] Time for a new FreeType release

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Time for a new FreeType release
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2018 17:09:52 +0200 (CEST)

>> (1) A call to make should run on *all* platforms.  In other words,
>> GNU make by itself had to produce an `ftconfig.h' file from the
>> template.
>
> Run
>
>  diff -U2 ./include/freetype/config/ftconfig.h \
>           ./builds/unix/ftconfig.in
>
> What's to be done about the #define differences?

Well, the `build' version should have the corresponding #define
statements activated.  If you mean something different, please
elaborate.

>> Because this needs a bourne shell...
>
> That's horrible. `sed` should do the job I reckon.

Maybe it is even possible with GNU make's string functions so that we
don't need external tools?  This would be the best solution IMHO (for
the non-configure case).