Re: [ft-devel] Time for a new FreeType release

From: Nikolaus Waxweiler
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Time for a new FreeType release
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2018 16:16:48 +0100

> Personally, I really dislike CMake.

Me too, it's rather unelegant. I like it enough to work on it
though... I don't think there are many build systems out there that
are likeable, which might have something to do with the fact that
C/C++ are hard to tool around.

> Maybe it is even possible with GNU make's string functions

I'm gonna try that, GNU make >= 4.2 supports things like
```
file:=test.txt
variable:=$(file < $(FILE))
```
Then you should be able to regex around in it.

> If you mean something different, please elaborate.

```
-#if FT_SIZEOF_INT == ( 32 / FT_CHAR_BIT )
+#if FT_SIZEOF_INT == 4

+  /* we handle the LLP64 scheme separately for GCC and clang, */
+  /* suppressing the `long long' warning                      */
+#elif ( FT_SIZEOF_LONG == 4 )       && \
+      defined( HAVE_LONG_LONG_INT ) && \
+      defined( __GNUC__ )
+#pragma GCC diagnostic ignored "-Wlong-long"
+#define FT_LONG64
+#define FT_INT64   long long int
+#define FT_UINT64  unsigned long long int
+

-#endif /* FT_SIZEOF_LONG == (64 / FT_CHAR_BIT) */
+#endif /* FT_SIZEOF_LONG == 8 */
```

Shouldn't this be the same in both files?