Re: [ft-devel] FT_Bitmap_Convert: source == target >> boooom?

From: armin
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] FT_Bitmap_Convert: source == target >> boooom?
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2018 01:52:15 +0200

>> I assume that `source != target' is true for `FT_Bitmap_Convert' (esp.
>> since there is some reallocating going on).  I suggest putting a quick
>> note into the docs to clarify that and probably extend the entry check:
>
> I can explode fscanf too with invalid pointers.

True, however, the documentation of `fscanf' is pretty intense and seems to
cover pretty much everything there is to know about it -- if you read it,
you don't have to check the implementation to figure out what to do with it
and what to avoid.

> Only so much you can do to protect against it. You only capture one
particular
> case.

True as well, it's the case I just encountered when I wondered if I can feed
it the same bitmap twice (would generally be a legit use-case IMO).  Simply
wanted to share my thoughts (pretty much as "your regular API user" at this
point) with you :)