Re: [ft-devel] FT_Bitmap_Convert: source == target >> boooom?

From: Alexei Podtelezhnikov
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] FT_Bitmap_Convert: source == target >> boooom?
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2018 22:22:54 -0400

> > Only so much you can do to protect against it. You only capture one
> particular
> > case.
>
>  I wondered if I can feed it the same bitmap twice.

The cost-benefit analysis is in order. Is it worth checking a great
number of valid uses to capture the invalid one? I will give an
example. When one multiplier is zero, you can omit multiplication and
return zero. Is it worth checking if one multiplier is zero? No.
Whether your program crashes or gives an error, you have to fix the
bug in your program (unless there is a security implication, which
changes the cost balance).