[ft-devel] converting to Markdown

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: [ft-devel] converting to Markdown
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2018 12:35:48 +0200 (CEST)

Nikhil,

let's do the conversion to Markdown!  Please prepare a series of
patches for a final inspection (probably compressed to save
bandwidth).

(1) The mechanical translation with the python script(s).

(2) The necessary manual corrections and updates.

(3) The necessary script updates and replacements.

(4) The infrastructural changes to the build system.

This is just a suggested order; maybe you prefer something different.

Have I missed something?

Similarly, I ask you to prepare a series of patches to update
freetype.org (based on the website's git repository) except the API
reference – I will simply copy the generated files from a `make
refdoc' run to the repository.