Re: [ft-devel] converting to Markdown

From: Nikhil Ramakrishnan
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] converting to Markdown
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2018 13:54:11 +0530

Hi,

let's do the conversion to Markdown!  Please prepare a series of
patches for a final inspection (probably compressed to save
bandwidth).

I've created 4 patches:

1. Script translation to markdown, line normalization and manual fixes.

2. Add resources for docwriter.

3. Remove `docmaker' code.

4. Changes to the build system.

Please see the attached compressed file.

Similarly, I ask you to prepare a series of patches to update
freetype.org (based on the website's git repository) except the API
reference – I will simply copy the generated files from a `make
refdoc' run to the repository.

The API reference on the website must be for 2.9, right? That version
does not have Markdown documentation. I could convert the docs from
the snapshot to markdown and generate the static site, if needed.

--
Nikhil