Re: [ft-devel] Problem in ftinspect compilation

From: Ankit Dhankhar
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Problem in ftinspect compilation
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2018 21:03:00 +0530

Thanks, bzip2.pc file was missing (or maybe not provided with
bzip2 distribution for Ubuntu). On adding it is working fine &
pkg-config is returning appropriate flags.

Ankit

On Thu, Oct 4, 2018 at 2:02 AM Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

>>> I have an installation of bzip2. Same is recognized by freetype2
>>> configure script (using autoconf test) but not by pkg-config.
>
> Another possibility is that your GNU/Linux distribution doesn't
> provide a `bzip2.pc' file.  In this case you should create such a file
> by yourself and put it into a directory scanned by `pkg-config'.
> Attached is an example that you can adapt to your needs.

And a third possibility is that you haven't installed the right bzip2
packages.  For example, on my openSuSE box the packages with the
library and header files are called `libbz2-1' and `libbz2-devel',
respectively.