Re: [ft-devel] Rendering issues with xpdf (and other Linux based pdf vie

From: Hin-Tak Leung
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Rendering issues with xpdf (and other Linux based pdf viewers)
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2018 15:22:57 +0000 (UTC)

Wow, thanks Alex. I was losing my mind wondering why others don't have the same problem :-).

I suspect the issue with page 2 and 3 is to do with opentype features - those fonts have gpos/gsub tables, which probably affect how glyphs are positioned.

On Thursday, 4 October 2018, 23:06:10 GMT+8, Alexei Podtelezhnikov <address@hidden> wrote:

> > Regarding the first issue (missing dots -- FontVal-TypoLabs2018.pdf
> > page 73 / FontVal-x.pdf page 1):

I was able to reproduce the missing dots with ftview in the embedded
file RSOAVR+Lohit-Devanagari.ttf (attached, they are OFL). With native
default hinter enabled, some dots are always missing with sizes less
than 57. There is no problem with autohinter or with hinting disabled.

ftview 48 RSOAVR+Lohit-Devanagari.ttf

Alexei