Re: [ft-devel] Rendering issues with xpdf (and other Linux based pdf vie

From: Hin-Tak Leung
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Rendering issues with xpdf (and other Linux based pdf viewers)
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2018 17:44:00 +0000 (UTC)

Yes, just confirming. I could get xpdf to behave correctly by setting the environment variable:

FREETYPE_PROPERTY=truetype:interpreter-version=38

Both 35 and 40 misbehave.

BTW, this only works if your freetype is built with v38. v35 was the default before about 2.7 . FT 2.7 onwards have both v40 and v35 enabled with v40 being the default. You can only switch to v38 if your freetype was built with that particular additional option (I know my 64-bit lib is - my 32-bit freetype is left at default and cannot switch to v38 this way ).

On Friday, 5 October 2018, 00:06:13 GMT+8, Alexei Podtelezhnikov <address@hidden> wrote:

> I was able to reproduce the missing dots with ftview in the embedded
> file RSOAVR+Lohit-Devanagari.ttf (attached, they are OFL). With native
> default hinter enabled, some dots are always missing with sizes less
> than 57. There is no problem with autohinter or with hinting disabled.
>
> ftview 48 RSOAVR+Lohit-Devanagari.ttf

Specifically TrueType engine v40 and v35 do the damage. v38 is fine. Nikolaus?