Re: [ft-devel] ftdump functionality in ftinstpect

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] ftdump functionality in ftinstpect
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2018 05:51:51 +0200 (CEST)

Sorry for the late reply.

>> * I think it would be best if all the information is present in a
>>   single window.  If necessary, there could be tabs to split the
>>   contents into smaller chunks.
>
> I have attached the new patch as per above suggestion, please have a
> look and suggest further changes :)

This patch doesn't apply – there doesn't exist a file `ftdump.cpp'.
Please create a patch relative to the last commit in freetype2-demo's
master tree.

>> * For the charmap info it would be nice if the meaning of the
>>   numbers could be shown also, e.g. PID 3 = MS Windows, EID 1 =
>>   Unicode BMP, etc., etc.
>
> I corrected it for PID.  Left others fields, as I am not sure to
> print what (means internal keyword used in FreeType or something
> else).

The meaning of the EID values depending on PID are given in

  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/typography/opentype/spec/cmap
  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/typography/opentype/spec/name

> I tried to replicate the `ftdump.c' as that produces result in
> numerical form.  Should I send a patch for `ftdump.c' regarding the
> same?

Ideally yes :-)