Re: [Freetype] freetype-config

From: Sven Neumann
Subject: Re: [Freetype] freetype-config
Date: 29 Nov 2000 11:12:31 +0100

Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> writes:

> > Maybe the new freetype-config script could help me over my configure
> > hurdle, but unfortunately, it seems to be installed with wrong
> > permissions (under Solaris 2.6):
> >
> > % ls -l /usr/local/bin/freetype-config
> > ----------   1 root     staff       1236 Nov 28 22:33
> > /usr/local/bin/freetype-config
>
> Very strange.  Here is the installation command of buids/unix/install.mk:
>
>   $(INSTALL_SCRIPT) -m 755 $(BUILD)/freetype-config \
>         $(bindir)/freetype-config
>
> Usually, $(INSTALL_SCRIPT) expands to plain $(INSTALL) -- is it
> possible that you have $INSTALL_SCRIPT set in your environment to a
> Solaris-specific program which doesn't accept the -m option?

Actually it used to be

$(INSTALL) -m a+x $(BUILD)/freetype-config $(bindir)/freetype-config

at the time the tarball for 2.0 was made. The '-m a+x' parameter explicetely
sets the permissions wrong. This problem hit a lot of people that tried to
install our latest release of gimp-freetype. I suggest that you release a
new version of freetype-2.0 that fixes this small but very annoying glitch.

Salut, Sven