Re: [Freetype] Memory leak in FT_New_Face()

From: Ian Pilcher
Subject: Re: [Freetype] Memory leak in FT_New_Face()
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 12:25:55 -0500

David Turner wrote:

> No, it's not a known bug, and I just commited a fix. Please free to
> retrieve the current version from CVS, or download a current snapshot
> tomorrow (they're built around 20H GMT+1)

Thanks!

> Why would you possibly trash your whole system by the way ??

Since X depends on the font server and the font server depends on
FreeType, and incompatibility could make the system unusable or (worse)
unstable.

Anyway, I did rebuild Red Hat's freetype-2.0.1-5.src.rpm (rawhide) with
FreeType 2.0.2 just to see if the problem was still there.  It didn't
trash my system :-), but the quality of rendered fonts was significantly
lower.  Any idea why an update from 2.0.1 to 2.0.2 could cause this?

> Thanks for your report,

Thanks for all your work!

Ian Pilcher                                         address@hidden