[Freetype] Problem in FT_Glyph_To_Bitmap

From: Roberto Alameda
Subject: [Freetype] Problem in FT_Glyph_To_Bitmap
Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 19:34:09 +0200

Hi!
I am in the process of porting an application (a font viewer) from
freetype 1 to freetype 2.

And I have seen that given the following sequence:
FT_Get_Char_Index
FT_Load_Glyph (LOAD_DEFAULT)
FT_Get_Glyph
/* now I have an outline in my glyph */
if now I call FT_Glyph_To_Bitmap, such that the original glyph is not
destroyed (last argument is 0), the metrics returned in the new glyph,
casted to a FT_BitmapGlyph, are different for the first call that for
the rest. That is, top and left (specially top) give a value the first
time I call FT_Glyph_To_Bitmap (the right value!) and a different value
(a wrong value) all times after that, always with the same and original
glyph object.

Is it a bug? If so, is it a known bug?

Regards, and thanks for making Freetype,
Roberto