[Freetype] Palatino - no problem with diagonal stem in "z" (Italic)

From: Vadim Plessky
Subject: [Freetype] Palatino - no problem with diagonal stem in "z" (Italic)
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 13:47:45 +0000

I attach screenshot of Palatino TrueType font, rendered with AA (at sizes
11pt - 7pt).
As you can see from this screenshot, there is no problem with rendering
diagonal stem in "z" (Italic), like in Times New Roman.
This confirms David Turner's statement, that Times New Roman font has some
hinting problems, in particular, for Latin "z" (in Italic).

P.S. my platform is Linux, XFree86 4.1.0-4mdk, FreeType 2.0.3
--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)