RE: [Freetype] Could people avoid sending attachments to the list ?

From: Pedriana, Paul
Subject: RE: [Freetype] Could people avoid sending attachments to the list ?
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 13:42:43 -0700

Is there possibly an option with the list server
to filter away attachments for those who don't
want them? I think most professionals, especially
those like us doing graphics work, have nice
computers with broadband connections. It's
unfortunate to have to reduce the traffic to the
lowest common demoninator because some people are
still using modems or have other reasons to want
small emails.

I understand and respect the needs of those who
have these limitations; I just wonder if there
might be a solution (like optional filtering) that
would give us the best of both worlds. The graphics
that some have sent have been very instructive to
me. Some authors might have some web server account
that they can easily upload to; for those I would
imagine this would be a preferred solution.

Paul

P.S. The lame large BMP that I sent out the other
day was a mistake that I didn't mean to do. It was
supposed to be an 8K compressed PNG file, but somehow
it got converted into somthing else. :(