RE: [Freetype] External stream

From: Michael Jansson
Subject: RE: [Freetype] External stream
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 15:41:39 +0200

Well, I think the documentation is misleading. My vote is on stating that
you should not touch the 'memory' field if you are opening either a file
based or a memory based stream, because FreeType will do it for you. If you
want to create your own stream, then there is no reason why you should not
be able to provide your own memory pool. This may in fact be useful in some
cases. I can not see any technical reasons for hacking away this
functionality, e.g. I can set up a stream with FT_New_Memory() without any
problems so the docs are not correct.

This is of course speculation as to what the intention were or should be
with respect to how stream are used by FT_Open_Face().

Regards,
- Michael