[Freetype] freetype-config fixes

From: Ian Britten
Subject: [Freetype] freetype-config fixes
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 16:46:56 -0400

Hi all,
I've run across a couple of problems with the freetype-config script, and
am hoping that someone can permanently fix these in the next release.

First (using 2.0.9), the --libs option doesn't print out the library path (-L)
Since it's typically in /usr/lib, it maybe doesn't seem important.  However,
after pursueing some linker errors, I've discovered that XFree86 also
installs a version of freetype, and you may end up getting the wrong one.
    % rpm -qf /usr/X11R6/lib/libfreetype.so.6.2
    XFree86-libs-4.2.0-6mdk

Second, the --cflags option seems to only print out one -I path, even though
two are needed.  The second one is usually the (implicit) /usr/include,
but if freetype is installed in a non-standard place, then ft2build.h cannot
be found.
For example, I'm using a bootstrapped RPM system on Solaris (provided by
Ximian), and it installs stuff in /opt/gnome  (Unusual, but not wrong...)
The default version prints out
        % freetype-config --cflags
        -I/opt/gnome/include/freetype2
but it needs to be
        % freetype-config --cflags
        -I/opt/gnome/include/freetype2 -I/opt/gnome/include

I changed the script to be
    cflags="-I${prefix}/include/freetype2 -I${prefix}/include"
and it works fine.

If these problems should be reported/logged elsewhere (Bugzilla?), please
let me know... (Otherwise, I'll think they've been fixed, and forget about
them...)
Thanks,
Ian