Re: [Freetype] Legacy software and bitmap-only snfts [was: FreeType bug

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [Freetype] Legacy software and bitmap-only snfts [was: FreeType bug report]
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 00:12:44 +0200

Salut J.

Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:
PS> You should also decide on an extenson name other than .ttf,
I'm thinking of using .otf.  The OpenType spec explicitly allows
bitmap-only OTF fonts.

> [...]

It's an old thread, and I haven't read all messages in it, but
It'd like to state that we're ready to support such fonts. For
the moment, my priority goes to getting 2.1.3 out with no
important bugs whatsoever.

After that, enhancements like the one you proposed will be
considered, and much probably implemented (if not done already ;-)

Regards,

- David Turner