[Freetype] Invalid Y Advance ?

From: Olivier Couet
Subject: [Freetype] Invalid Y Advance ?
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 15:15:50 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

 I am drawing a little character string of 4 characters:

                           0&`}

 As you can see in the attached gif file I draw it twice. Once
horizontally and once rotated by 50 degrees. As you can see when it
is rotated, the fourth character is not correctly placed (the back-quote).
To place the characters I use the XAdvance and YAdvance values. What I get
for each character is the following:

Horizontal:

 XAdvance =  26 YAdvance =   0 Width =  22 Height =  35
 XAdvance =  34 YAdvance =   0 Width =  31 Height =  36
 XAdvance =  15 YAdvance =   0 Width =  10 Height =   7
 XAdvance =  18 YAdvance =   0 Width =  15 Height =  45

Rotated by 50 degrees:

 XAdvance =  16 YAdvance =  19 Width =  33 Height =  31
 XAdvance =  21 YAdvance =  26 Width =  40 Height =  34
 XAdvance =   9 YAdvance =  11 Width =  13 Height =   6
 XAdvance =  11 YAdvance =  13 Width =  38 Height =  34

 Do you see any reason why the back-quote is misplaced ? are these values
correct ?

 Olivier

--
Org:    CERN - European Laboratory for Particle Physics.
Mail:   1211 Geneve 23 - Switzerland

GIF image