Re: [Freetype] ftstring.c

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [Freetype] ftstring.c
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 01:15:41 +0200

Olivier Couet wrote:
 Hi,

 I was trying to understand how the example ftstring.c works when a string
is rotated. I was very surprise to not see any where a reference to
glyph->advance.x and glyph->advance.y . Does somebody understand how the
glyphs are positioned in that example when the string is rotated ?

As far as I know, it is described in:

http://www.freetype.org/freetype2/docs/reference/ft2-glyph_management.html#FT_GlyphRec

and has been for some time. The documentation for FT_Glyph_Transform also
states that the 2x2 matrix is applied to the advance width as well as the
glyph outline..

Hope this helps,

- David Turner

 Olivier

--
Org:    CERN - European Laboratory for Particle Physics.
Mail: 1211 Geneve 23 - Switzerland E-Mail: address@hidden Phone: +41 22 7676522