RE: [Freetype] FreeType 2.1.4 release candidate 1 available

From: Giuliano Pochini
Subject: RE: [Freetype] FreeType 2.1.4 release candidate 1 available
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 10:07:44 +0100 (CET)

>    the first release candidate for FreeType 2.1.4 is now available
>    for download. Grab it from SourceForge at:

I tested it for a while. Char spacing changed. Everything look
a bit blurrier, but overall quality is improved. FTrc doesn't
render very small Times fonts for that reason. Look here:

http://space.virgilio.it/address@hidden/times_213.png
http://space.virgilio.it/address@hidden/times_214p1.png

This one shows some chars have slightly thicker diagonal stems (A, W, N,
k, but not V, M, z). It's much better than 2.1.3 anyway:

http://space.virgilio.it/address@hidden/Arial_214p1.png

I didn't notice any other problem.

Bye.