[Freetype] metric differences Freetype vs. Truetype

From: Bob Ostermann
Subject: [Freetype] metric differences Freetype vs. Truetype
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 17:59:43 -0400

Sorry if this is FAQ:

I just upgraded from FreeType 1.0 to 2.0 in conjunction with Tome Boutells gd lib. I'm seeing differences between the character spacing for numerals in the Arial font.

Using either Font Creator or FontLab 4.5 numerals '0'-'9' all have an advance width of 1139.

I've written a small C program that accesses the library functions as documented in Tutorial Step 2 and am seeing varying advance widths for this range of characters. This did not appear to be the case in freetype 1.

is this a known issue? has anyone else seen this?

bob.

The RediNews Network http://www.redinews.com/
Custom Financial Web Site Content
phone: (516) 997-4343