[Freetype] 40-bit longs

From: Darren J Longhorn
Subject: [Freetype] 40-bit longs
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 14:30:28 +0100

Hi all,

I'm contemplating a port to the TI DM642 DSP. One issue that's sure to
crop up is the size of longs on this platform. ULONG_MAX is
1099511627775, but sizeof returns 8 due to alignment issues. I took a
quick spin through the code and, on the face of it, this isn't
supported.

I had a quick look throught the archives, and while there seem to have
been plenty of issues with type sizes related to the TI DSPs, I didn't
see anything about this one in particular.

Does anyone have any recommendation on how to tackle this issue? I
thought I might try forcing both ints and longs to be 32 bit. Anyone
forsee any problems with this?

Anyway, I'll let you know how I get on.

Cheers
--