Re: [Freetype] using a Stroker to make a glyph border pixmap

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Freetype] using a Stroker to make a glyph border pixmap
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 09:45:15 +0200 (CEST)

> But as far as I can tell from the freetype source, FT_Stroker_Set
> doesn't look at any glyphs, it just fills in the stroker struct and
> does some associated housekeeping.  Further, FT_Glyph_Stroke needs a
> glyph with an outline otherwise it wouldn't know what to stroke.  It
> then copies the given glyph, swaps its outline with the stroked
> outline, then substitutes the glyph you gave with the new glyph
> (hence the argument is a `FT_Glyph *', not just `FT_Glyph').
>
> Or am I misunderstanding something?

I must admit that I've only superficially looked at both the FreeType
and your code -- in the ftview demo program, stroking seems to work as
expected, so I suggest that you compare your code with the stuff in
ftview.c (from the ft2demos package).  If you still find problems or
bug please report it.  It will probably take a longer time until we
respond, but your mails won't be forgotten.