Re: [Freetype] font file

From: sun guoping
Subject: Re: [Freetype] font file
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 10:05:39 +0900 (JST)

> >  Does anyone know how to create required font
> style Face from a font
> > file with several font styles.
>
> I don't know exactly what you want to do, but I
> recommend to download
> the ft2demos package which contains some examples
> how to use FreeType.
>
> As far as I know, there doesn't exist a font file
> with several font
> styles.  Can you explain with different words?
>

>     Werner

Dear Werner

Thank you for your kind answer.

I have japanese font file MSGOTHIC.TTC. With this
fontfile, I can select font style regular, italic and bold
italic in MS-Word processor. I think it is also possible
to create a FT_Face to get a required font style's
character image or outline. Am I right?

Regards,
Sun