[Freetype] Forcing MONO Bitmap

From: steve
Subject: [Freetype] Forcing MONO Bitmap
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 16:22:01 -0700

I'm using the following code sequence, based on the 1st toturial, to get a mono bitmap. Unfortunately, I always get an 8-bit grayscale bitmap. Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong?

FT_Init_FreeType ( &myLib );
FT_New_Face ( myLib, myFontName, &myFace );
FT_Set_Char_Size ( myFace, 0, size *64, 0, 0 );
myIndex = FT_Get_Char_Index ( myFace, index );
FT_Load_Glyph ( myFace, myIndex, FT_LOAD_MONOCHROME );
FT_Render_Glyph ( myFace->glyph, FT_RENDER_MONO_MODE );

Thanks.

Regards,
Steve Mann
SLO Revo, Inc.