Re: [Freetype] How to print in EPS

From: Vincent Croquette
Subject: Re: [Freetype] How to print in EPS
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 17:29:44 +0200

Thank you for your response, I understand that it is difficult to get the same results on
screen and on paper for all possible fonts, but I was wandering if it could be done for
a small subset : postscipts support a few internal fonts (which should be enough for me)
by definition I can print them, I was wondering if I could use freetype to get them on the
screen. Can I load these fonts with freetype ? and where can I find the corresponding
files ?
Thank You

Vincent
Werner LEMBERG a écrit:
I am using freetype to produce graphics labels together with other
graphics elements, I am very happy with the result on the screen but
I want to have exactly the result in a postscript output (or pdf),
how do I achieve this ?  I have scan the documentation but did not
found the answer to this question.

I fear that FreeType is not the right solution for your problem since
its main task is to *rasterize* fonts, this is, converting glyph
outlines into bitmaps.  It's a very difficult problem IMHO (and nearly
impossible to solve in general) to get the same results on screen and
on paper.