Re: [Freetype] Problem with micross.ttf

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Freetype] Problem with micross.ttf
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 16:11:36 +0100 (CET)

> I seem to have a rendering problem specific to the micross font:

I don't know this font.

>  <<mapserv3.gif>>
>
> Note the "Thunder" and how it looks different than other text on the
> image.  It should actually say "Thunder Bay".  I can reproduce this
> in a variety of situations.

I suggest that you try the font with the ftview demo program.  In case
you find an anomaly, please report again and send me the font
privately for further investigation.

> After discussing this with MapServer's lead developper, he seems to
> be of the opinion that the problem seems to be that FreeType is
> choking on the white space character.  My own investigations come to
> the same conclusion.

It's not clear to me what you mean with `white space character'.
Please explain.

> Is it related to the fact that it's an OpenType?

Maybe, but I doubt it.

> Or am I out of luck and will need to change the font I use?

In case it is a problem of FreeType I will fix it.