Re: [Freetype] newbe to freetype

From: �ffffbcB �ffffaa�ffffda�ffffac�ffffd5
Subject: Re: [Freetype] newbe to freetype
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 11:52:15 +0800 (CST)

 --- Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> 的訊息:
Dear Werner:

Thanks, Thanks for the answers.

> > 1> Will freetype the right one for me to use?
>
> No.  It is mainly a library to rasterize outlines to
> a bitmap, not to
> modify outlines.

  But can the library get the Outline information
(such as the polygon coordinates)?  I can write the
program to allow the user to "modify" the polygon
outlines.

> > 2>Does MFC (or standard C/C++) program provides
> any function for me
> > to call so that I can output the file to truetype
> format?
>
> If you work on Unix (or Mac OS X), you can try
> fontforge (from
> fontforge.sf.net) which is a free font editor,
> capable of anything you
> want to do.  You might also have a look at
> fonttools.sf.net, which
> hosts ttx, and TrueType font disassember and
> assembler.
>

>     Werner

  I take a look at the program, it seems to me it is a
stand along software.  BUT this is not what I need --
I know there are many software (either free or
commercial product) available for font editing, but I
want to know how to write this in my program!  ie, I
need to know what functions to call to output the
format, not to know which program to editing and
output the font.  It is my fault I did not make it
clear.

  Thanks for your info.

抄近路!!Email處處收!
免費下載Yahoo!奇摩捷徑列