[ft] Library versioning

From: Will Newton
Subject: [ft] Library versioning
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 21:45:19 +0100

I have updated the Debian package of FreeType from 2.1.7, where it had been
for a while, to 2.1.10. This has caused a few problems [1, 2] because a few
symbols have gone missing - both the API and ABI have changed in this
respect. The libtool version and soname have remained stable during this
period, only incrementing the revision, when it would appear that there
should have been current/age and major/minor changes.

Is this an oversight or have I misunderstood the situation?