Re: [ft] Still some accents issues :)

From: Jan Slupski
Subject: Re: [ft] Still some accents issues :)
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 12:09:37 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 3 Aug 2005 address@hidden wrote:

Hi again everyone,

I must be really really bad, but I still didn't manage to display a single
latin-1 specific characters. I found an article
(http://apia.u-strasbg.fr/vrml/utile/special.html) with a piece of code
explaining how to convert iso8859-1 to UTF8 but I still didn't manage to
achieve anything.

You do not have to pass UTF8 encoded character. This is an error.
You need to pass Unicode index of the char in a 4-byte integer
(you can call it UCS4 encoded). For e-accent it would be just
FT_Get_Char_Index(face, 0xE9);

Also, do you call FT_Select_Charmap() to select Unicode before?
http://freetype.org/freetype2/docs/reference/ft2-base_interface.html#FT_Select_Charmap
http://freetype.org/freetype2/docs/reference/ft2-base_interface.html#FT_Encoding

Jan

 |_| | | | \|                             http://juljas.net/