[ft] help: Problem compiling on Solaris 8

From: Wes Neal
Subject: [ft] help: Problem compiling on Solaris 8
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 07:26:26 -0400

I am trying to get Freetype compiled because it is a dependency for RRDtool.

I am running Solaris 8 and trying to compile freetype 2.1.9.  I have gcc
installed, which the docs say that is all freetype needs, but my compile is
dying elsewhere.  Here is what I am doing:

# env CPPFLAGS="-I$BUILD_DIR/lb/include" LDFLAGS="-L$BUILD_DIR/lb/lib"
CFLAGS="-O3 -fPIC" \   ./configure --disable-shared --prefix=$BUILD_DIR/lb

The last message I get on the configure is this:

checking for egrep... configure: error: no acceptable egrep could be found
in $PATH
make: *** [builds/unix/unix-def.mk] Error 1

There are two egrep commands in $PATH one in /usr/bin/egrep and the other is
/usr/xpg4/bin/egrep .   Can anyone shed any light on why this is dying on
me?

Thanks

----
Wes Neal