Re: [ft] Rendering problems

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] Rendering problems
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2007 15:13:53 +0200 (CEST)

> testing ftdiff with various Apple fonts I found a weird behaviour with
> Monaco.dfont in the 'unhinted mode' at several rendering sizes:
>
> ok at, e.g., 13pt:    http://www.hft.ei.tum.de/mz/Monaco13pt.png
> wrong at, e.g., 14pt: http://www.hft.ei.tum.de/mz/Monaco14pt.png

I don't get this.  For me it works on my GNU/Linux box (with 4.0.2),
this is, I tried

  ftdiff Monaco.dfont

then pressing the down arrow four times (I have version 4.1d3 of this
font) -- FreeType has been compiled with `make; make devel'.

Can you investigate further?  Which platform do you use?  What about
compiling with different optimization flags?