[ft] freetype not linking correctly under borland C++

From: Nathan Goings
Subject: [ft] freetype not linking correctly under borland C++
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 19:27:52 -0700 (PDT)

Hello, I have tried vigorously to fix this problem, I have been to a billion search pages and I still don't understand.  Short of getting CVS.

I'm linking freetype to FTGL (a font rendering library for OpenGL) but when I build my project to test FTGL/freetype I get this error:

[Linker Error] Error: Error processing module ftglyph.c

I built the minimum requirements by hand with Borland C++ into a static .lib file.
the files I used:
ftsystem.c
ftinit.c
ftdebug.c
ftbase.c
ftglyph.c
ftbbox.c
ftmm.c
ftpfr.c
ftbdf.c
ftwinfnt.c

When building I got two warnings:
[C++ Warning] ftglyph.c(329): W8075 Suspicious pointer conversion
[C++ Warning] ftobjs.c(2319): W8004 'error' is assigned a value that is never used

As you can see the first warning is ftglyph.c. I read that the first warning is fixed in CVS,  I only want to get CVS if I know it's stable.

Maybe this is my problem? the only thing I could find on google about "error processing module" was to recompile the project.  That did not work.

(note FTGL links to freetype.lib without a problem, and FTGL also has an FTGlyph.cpp... both I compiled static, as I do not know how to make a dll on windows)

Thanks,
   Nathan

Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.