Re: [ft] Vertical metrics from FT_GlyphRec - possible?

From: Brady Duga
Subject: Re: [ft] Vertical metrics from FT_GlyphRec - possible?
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 14:27:29 -0700

On May 9, 2007, at 7:11 AM, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
I'm not very well acquainted with the cache code, but I seem to
remember that glyph metrics and kerning data are *not* cached.  You
have to do that by yourself -- I think it should be possible to use
the generic FreeType cache functions to model something after, say,
`FTC_CMapCache'.  Look at the code in src/cache/ftccmap.c.  We would
be happy if you could then contribute your code to us.

Well, they *sort-of* are saved. That is, the advance for horizontal is saved, but vertical advances are not, nor are lsb/rsb_delta values. The problem is, not all that is in the metrics, per se. The advances are, but the delta values are not. It seems like caching a GlyphSlot is almost necessary. That, or a new structure that holds some of that data.

--Brady