[ft] Truetype to bitmap

From: Søren Holm
Subject: [ft] Truetype to bitmap
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 22:20:31 +0200

Hello

I'm writing a little program for converting some truetype glyphs to bitmap. My
problem is that I do noy know how to setup freetype to give me a 16 pixel
high glyphs. I'm going to use the generated bitmaps in an embedded
application with not enough space for freetype and ttf-fonts.

Now I am doing the following

I'm using  FT_New_Face to select to font, and  FT_Get_Char_Index( face, i ) to
get the char index. Loads the glyph with  FT_Load_Glyph and renders is with
FT_Render_Glyph. And I get a bitmap with a certain width and height, offseted
bitmap_left and bitmap_top,

I hope this is not too basic. I have read the tutorial, but I don't seem to
help me further.

/Søren Holm