Re: [ft] A couple of problems with 2.3.5

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] A couple of problems with 2.3.5
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 06:00:04 +0100 (CET)

> Firstly -- I was having crashes when using some TrueType fonts.  I
> quickly found that the callbacks for hinting were set to NULL.  I
> avoided the crash by pre-checking the pointers before using them:
> [...]
>
> But of course this is not ideal and the code wasn't expecting this.
> I would have thought this was maybe just a problem in the font, but
> it happened with a lot of TrueType fonts so I concluded it was a bug
> in 2.3.5.

Please try the current CVS and do some debugging of yourself.  Up to
now noone has experienced this problem, and it is next to impossible
to debug this without having a running example.

> This application (it's an Xbox 360 game) is rendering text in
> multiple languages, but unfortunately, the sizes of different glyphs
> are coming out very differently for Asian languages.  In a test with
> Japanese, the Latin characters are coming out at the proper sizes,
> but the Japanese characters seem to be improperly scaled.  [...]

Using ftview, I can't see any problems with the CVS version.  Again:
please compare the code you are using with the one in the demo
programs.  Otherwise, please write a small stand-alone example which
demonstrates your problem.