[ft] automatic bold fonts?

From: Laurence Darby
Subject: [ft] automatic bold fonts?
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 18:13:56 +0000

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I've got no
idea where else... In Openoffice.org and the GTK font selector, a
single font with no variants can be turned into bold and italic, but
the QT font selector can only do italic (or sometimes called oblique)
and not bold. Does anyone know where this functionality is implemented,
and if it's possible for every freetype app to have it?

Thanks,
Laurence