Re: [ft] Beginner Questions

From: Christian Demmer
Subject: Re: [ft] Beginner Questions
Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 18:00:08 +0200

Patrick Rutkowski wrote:
>I wrote a test app to render Courier New onto a square 64x64 texture
>to see

       glTexImage2D
        (
            GL_TEXTURE_2D,
            0,
            GL_RGBA,
            face->glyph->bitmap.width,
            face->glyph->bitmap.rows,
            0,
            GL_LUMINANCE,
            GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE,
            face->glyph->bitmap.buffer
        );

I see a problem here: bitmap.width and bitmap.rows have to be 64 or
another power of 2 to satisfy OpenGL requirements. I don't see how you
can expect this. I would suggest to use a 64 by 64 texture and use
glTexSubImage2D to render the actual content into the texture.

Another option is the texture rectangle extension if available.

Greetings, Christian