[ft] needed functionality

From: Bram Tassyns
Subject: [ft] needed functionality
Date: Wed, 07 May 2008 14:00:16 +0200

Can someone tell me the right methods to request the following information
from a font (or if they don't exist plz also let me know):

The italic angle of a font
    /// the angle, expressed in degrees counterclockwise from the vertical,
    /// of the dominant vertical strokes of the font.

check if the lowercase characters are scaled down upper case

check if the font resembles cursive handwriting

check if the font has serifs
    /// a font has serifs if the glyphs have short strokes drawn at an angle
    /// on the top and bottom of glyph stems

get the horizontal stem width
        /// the thickness, measured vertically, of the dominant horizontal
stems of glyphs in the font.

get the vertical stem width
    /// the thickness, measured horizontally, of the dominant vertical stems
of glyphs in the font.

check if a font belongs to a certain vendor

check the license permissions of a font

search for the character code in a specific charmap that belongs to a GID

check if a glyphname/character code is defined by the font or if the notdef
character is substituted

Regards,
Bram