[ft] Custom font drivers, FT_INTERNAL

From: Ian Britten
Subject: [ft] Custom font drivers, FT_INTERNAL
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 14:13:07 -0300

Hi all,
I'm starting to try to upgrade some existing code that is
currently restricted to FT 2.1.7 to the newer versions of FT.
[ This is going to hurt I fear - It's doing some stuff that
is no longer acessable, old cache stuff, custom font
drivers... :(  ]

Anyways, the first problem I've hit is the removal of all
the 'internal' stuff from the FT installation.  Although I
fully understand (And support!) the reason for this, I'm a
bit unsure how to proceed without it.

In this case, we have a couple of custom font 'drivers' (?),
basically instances of FT_Driver_ClassRec that are configured
and added using FT_Add_Module().
[ Note:  These are for custom, in-house font formats.  I
believe this is the correct approach to seamlessly supporting
these file formats through FT... ? ]

As I'm sure you can imagine, the implementation of these
drivers has lots of stuff that only seems to be available in
the internal FreeType headers (eg: FT_CMap_ClassRec, etc).
So, what is the correct approach to doing this now?

Thanks for any info/help!
[ And apologies for being about 2 years behind your
 discussions about removal of all this stuff...  :P ]
Ian

PS - Is there any plan to write "Part III" of the tutorial?