[ft] Modules - sizeof(FT_ModuleRec)

From: Fabian van der Werf
Subject: [ft] Modules - sizeof(FT_ModuleRec)
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 17:38:26 +0200

Hi All,

I am trying to write a renderer module. According to the
documentation, For this, I have to create a FT_Module_Class and pass
it to FT_Add_Module(). But I don't know how to get the appropriate
value of FT_Module_Class.module_size. The documentation says the
following:

module_size:

An integer that gives the size in bytes of a given module object. This
should never be less than sizeof(FT_ModuleRec), but can be more if the
module needs to sub-class the base FT_ModuleRec class.

Because I am creating a subclass of FT_Renderer_Class, I assume that I
should use sizeof(FT_RendererRec).  But both FT_RendererRec and
FT_ModuleRec are defined in internal/ftobjs.h, but this header is not
part of an installation. Thus sizeof(FT_RendererRec) doesn't work for
a client application. So how to get the correct value for module_size?
It seems like FT_ModuleRec/FT_RendererRec (and all other modules)
should be defined in one of the public headers. Or is there another
way to get the module size?

Regards,
Fabian