Re: [ft] Modules - sizeof(FT_ModuleRec)

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] Modules - sizeof(FT_ModuleRec)
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 00:11:33 +0200 (CEST)

> I am trying to write a renderer module. [...]
>
> Because I am creating a subclass of FT_Renderer_Class, I assume that
> I should use sizeof(FT_RendererRec).  But both FT_RendererRec and
> FT_ModuleRec are defined in internal/ftobjs.h, but this header is
> not part of an installation. Thus sizeof(FT_RendererRec) doesn't
> work for a client application. So how to get the correct value for
> module_size?  It seems like FT_ModuleRec/FT_RendererRec (and all
> other modules) should be defined in one of the public headers. Or is
> there another way to get the module size?

I fear that you've hit the same limitation as discussed recently for
font drivers.  Currently, both font driver and rendering modules can
only be added within the FreeType structures.  It doesn't work as a
`user client application'.  Either add a new subdirectory to the
FreeType's `src' directory, or copy the necessary internal FreeType
headers to your project.