Re: [ft] Compiling freetype 2.3.9 with bcc fails

From: mpsuzuki
Subject: Re: [ft] Compiling freetype 2.3.9 with bcc fails
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 18:00:25 +0900

Hi,

On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 10:44:43 +0200
Mirco Babin <address@hidden> wrote:
>I think I made an error during the testing. Now the -L switch does not work
>when I'm testing with the command prompt. I think I had an apinames.obj in
>the basedirectory. I'm sorry about the -L switch, it was a waste of time.

Yeah, I was thinking of another possibility that bcc32 could
not execute the compilation and linking at once, and 2 steps
(a step for compilation, another step for linking) might be
required.

>But the following sequence does work (first compile to the OBJ, then link):
>bcc32 -c -oobjs\apinames.obj src/tools/apinames.c
>bcc32 -oobjs/apinames.exe objs/apinames.obj

So, using "/" as pathname separator is OK?
I will refine the makefiles to execute 2 step
building for apinames.exe.

>I commented out the build APINAMES.EXE in export.mk to see if the library is
>build fine. It does not, in the end I get:
>
>bcc32 -A  -I.\objs -I.\builds\win32 -I.\include -c -q -y -d -v -Od -w-par
>-w-ccc -w-rch -w-pro -w-aus -DFT2_BUILD_LIBRARY
>-DFT_CONFIG_MODULES_H="<ftmodule.h>"  -I.\src\psnames -oobjs\psnames.obj
>.\src\psnames\psmodule.c
>.\src\psnames\psmodule.c:

>oobjs/freetype.def -dfreetype.dll -wB ./include/freetype/freetype.h
>./include/freetype/ftadvanc.h ./include/freetype/ftbbox.h

[snip]

>process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, oobjs/freetype.def -dfreetype.dll -wB

[snip]

>./include/freetype/ttunpat.h, ...) failed.

Hmm, I remember, "oobjs/freetype.def ..." is the options
to be passed to apinames.exe. The name of "apinames.exe"
is lost in anywhere, and make command cannot create the
process correctly. I will take a look.

# apinames is a small program to scan header files and
# make a list of symbols to be exported. By its output,
# the linker hides all symbols that are not declared as
# "should be exported".

>TLIB 5.1 Copyright (c) 1987-2007 CodeGear
>Warning: invalid page size value ignored
>Warning: invalid page size value ignored
>
>The "Warning: invalid page size value ignored" is repeated infinitly. I had
>to abort the compile with CTRL-C.

About this issue (endless Warning), I'm not sure if it's
a bug of FT2. Ah, there should be a bug in FT2 makefiles,
but make command should not cause such "invalid page size"
error by broken makefile.

Regards,
mpsuzuki