Re: [ft] Compiling freetype 2.3.9 with bcc fails

From: Mirco Babin
Subject: Re: [ft] Compiling freetype 2.3.9 with bcc fails
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 13:21:53 +0200

Hello,

I tried the TLIB /u command manually and it gives the same error.
I searched the internet about TLIB and with the /P option you can provide the page size.
(see text below from http://cs.nyu.edu/~yap/classes/machineOrg/info/tlib.htm)

I tried TLIB /u /P128 ... and this works without warnings. (this would allow for a maximum of 8 MB .lib file)

Setting the page size: The /P option
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  -
Every DOS library file contains a dictionary that appears at the end
of the .LIB file, following all of the object modules. For each module
in the library, the dictionary contains a 16-bit address of that
particular module within the .LIB file; this address is given in terms
of the library page size (it defaults to 16 bytes).

The library page size determines the maximum combined size of all
object modules in the library, which cannot exceed 65,536 pages. The
default (and minimum) page size of 16 bytes allows a library of about
1 MB in size. To create a larger library, use the /P option to
increase the page size. The page size must be a power of 2, and it
cannot be smaller than 16 or larger than 32,768.

All modules in the library must start on a page boundary. For example,
in a library with a page size of 32 (the lowest possible page size
higher than the default 16), an average of 16 bytes is lost per object
module in padding. If you attempt to create a library that is too
large for the given page size, TLIB issues an error message and
suggests that you use /P with the next available higher page size.

Regards,
Mirco