[ft] Embedded Bitmaps, Load_Glyph and linearHoriAdvance

From: Jeremy Manson
Subject: [ft] Embedded Bitmaps, Load_Glyph and linearHoriAdvance
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 16:08:26 -0700

Hi Freetype folks,

I am trying to trace a problem I am having loading a font.  The glyph
appears not to have its linearHoriAdvance field set.

I've traced it through the truetype code a bit, and I get to
TT_Load_Glyph in ttgload.c, which decides that the font has an
embedded bitmap, calls load_sbit_image() and returns.

I can't actually figure out where in that code path linearHoriAdvance
is supposed to be set.  It doesn't seem to happen in
load_sbit_image().  In the non-embedded-bitmap path, TT_Load_Glyph
goes through compute_glyph_metrics(), which sets linearHoriAdvance.

Any chance someone can fill me in?  Am I missing something extremely
stupid here?

Thanks,

Jeremy Manson