Re: [ft] Modifying/Enhancing the Truetype Interpreter

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] Modifying/Enhancing the Truetype Interpreter
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 15:41:18 +0100 (CET)

>> Do you have any ideas how many fonts are affected?  Which of them
>> are important/well known?
>
> Apart from the obvious [...]

Perhaps there is a misunderstanding.  Do you say that all those fonts
won't render OK if I simply, say, triple the horizontal resolution?
`Optimized for ClearType' is not the same as `renders badly due to
certain hinting instructions if the horizontal resolution is much,
much larger than the vertical one'.  I'm mainly interested in fonts
which belong to the latter category.