[ft] Newbie to freetype

From: rsr
Subject: [ft] Newbie to freetype
Date: 14 Jan 2010 14:30:08 -0000

Hi,

I am new to this technology.I tried executing the example1 given in the tutorial.I wonder the output given by that.
My assumption was,If given a character it will result in the bitmap of the charater.Please correct me if i am wrong?

Also,Can any one please expalin me how does FT_SET_CHAR_SIZE and FT_LOAD_CHAR works...
I have gone through the docs,but didnt get what each parameter use completely?Please do bare with my newbie question and please do help me in understanding?

Thanks a lot in advance.

-rsr